Triathnet

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Triathnet

Triathlon training discusssion

2 posters

Garmin Power Tap Multisport Function

Julie H
    Julie H

Garmin Power Tap Multisport Function Empty Garmin Power Tap Multisport Function

Post by Julie H Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:08 am

Have got myself a powertap and are using my Garmin as the output. It is working great however I would like to know if you have to have the garmin in the multisport mode or can just have it in the normal bike mode. My bikeshop set it up like that.

Thanks
    Alex R
    Alex R
    **MicroMan World Record Holder**

Garmin Power Tap Multisport Function Empty Re: Garmin Power Tap Multisport Function

Post by Alex R Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:06 am

You can just leave it in bike mode. The only times I have had issues with the Garmin is in multisport mode so I avoid it. You can set up the screens so that you can hit lap after the bike and then change screens to a run set up while still in 'bike' mode. Just select pace in the data fields for one of them. I use 4 screens, 1 has HR only, 1 power only, 1 HR and total time, 1 HR and pace. I rarely use the pace function anymore as I am far to unfit and it is far too hot to worry about it.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:04 pm