Triathnet

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Triathnet

Triathlon training discusssion

Welcome. Guidelines.

Alex R
    Alex R
    **MicroMan World Record Holder**

Welcome. Guidelines. Empty Welcome. Guidelines.

Post by Alex R Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:32 am

Welcome to Triathnet. This forum is for training and racing discussion about the somewhat enjoyable passtime of Triathlon.

There is not much you need to know here but let me just point a few things out.

1. You need to register an account to post. Account rego is easy with no validation required at this point. You do not need to enter a valid email address to register and infact, you are probably best to enter a dud as there is a bug at the moment where you get email notifications of posts that happen and can't turn them off.

2. This is about triathlon. Swim, Bike, Run, Nutrition and related topics are cool as are any that draw any kind of link to the sport. Let me stress however that this is an On Topic forum. Ask as many 'stupid' questions as you want. Anything triathlon goes. I also encourage beginners or those with hazy understanding of topics that others may consider basic to ask away. Don't be afraid if you touch on something already discussed as it will probably get others rethinking what was spoken about last time. People's views and understanding of topics change over time and it is entirely possible that someone may tell you the exact opposite of what they posted last time as their knowledge changes on a subject. Just a quick note, I will not tolerate people sitting and sniping about 'but last time you said this'. The whole concept of this web site is the education and evolving of people in triathlon.

4. Cross posting from other forums is fine. The discussion here may differ from the original. Make sure it is referenced though if only by the direct web link. What you will find is that this site is mostly of an Ironman distance focus. That is not to say any other distance of Triathlon is not on topic but understand that if it appears there is lots of ultra distance content from here and sourced elsewhere, there is.

5. Language guidelines are pretty simple. If you would say something at a table of people you know, by all means say it here. If it is something that only the anonimity of the Internet allows you to say, take it elsewhere.

6. Commercial interests. I urge you not to try and play people as suckers. If you want to tell us about your product, do so but don't try and be sly about it.

7. Hijacking. Please don't hijack threads away from the original topic. Start another. Infact, I really encourage this and I would like you to copy the exact text you are refering to into your new thread.

8. Admin. I am Admin. I will delete, ban and lock as I see fit not via a general consensus. The only exception to this is if a thread is about you or started by you and you want it deleted, send me a personal messsage stating as much and it will be deleted no questions asked. This is an all or nothing exercise though. I wont be fielding requests for individual posts within a thread to be deleted. They will be dealt with based on the 'On Topic' and 'At the Table' guidelines. I expect never to have to do any of these and will let this run largely unmoderated unless individuals behave in a way that requires something different. Just remember the guidelines and all will run smooth.

9. 100 post rule. threads will be closed after 100 posts. This may be foreign to some but works very well on other forums I have seen. it allows the thread to be followed fairly easily and after 100 posts, the topic has usually drifted quite a long way. A new thread will be started after the closing of the original and if there is still legs in the topic, it will continue.

10. Have fun. Train hard. Race fast.....

Usernames

To keep some form of integrity as to the tone of the forum, I ask that you make your username your first name and your first initial of your surname. It is not compulsory and I respect that some people do not like having their identity out there on the world wide web with the possible abuses that occur from time to time but I still 'encourage' the practice to be followed. If you wish to offer advice or opinion however, you must use the Name N format.

To do so, up the top of the page you will see 'Profile'. Click on that and at the top left of that screen you will see your username in a box. You can change that then scroll down to the bottom and click save. Easy

Also, if possible I also encourage your Avatar picture to be one actually of you. It is always nice to put a face to a name when we bump into eachother at races. It certainly takes away the uncomfortable "Oh hi, I am PigBlower42 from the internet but you can call me Barry" from first meetings.

Last edited by Alex R on Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:13 am; edited 1 time in total
    Alex R
    Alex R
    **MicroMan World Record Holder**

Welcome. Guidelines. Empty Re: Welcome. Guidelines.

Post by Alex R Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:08 am

You will se Gooogle Ads up the top. I don't make any money out of them but they are a requirement of the web site. I get free unlimited hosting for forum traffic as a result. Pretty rad if you ask me.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:12 am