Triathnet

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Triathnet

Triathlon training discusssion

3 posters

Rowing as cross-training. Anyone do it?

ChrisE
    ChrisE

Rowing as cross-training. Anyone do it? Empty Rowing as cross-training. Anyone do it?

Post by ChrisE Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:40 am

I'm more referring to the indoor trainer type. ($199 at Aldi this coming week sparked my curiosity)

Being winter and the nearest heated pool being 30k away and only really being available when most people are working. The bulk of my off season 'training' has been Running, windtrainer & MTB in that order of volume.

I loathe weight sessions and thought maybe that there would be some benefit in rowing for some cross and strength training. Obviously an impulse buy reaction, but for $200, less whatever I could resell it for on ebay, it might be worth a play.

Has/Does anyone do(ne) it? and beyond "it's better than doing nothing" did/do you get any benefit from it?
    Alex R
    Alex R
    **MicroMan World Record Holder**

Rowing as cross-training. Anyone do it? Empty Re: Rowing as cross-training. Anyone do it?

Post by Alex R Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:33 pm

While I am sure some expert is going to tell you you get better at sbr by doing sbr, I also note that ex Rowers make stud cyclists. Something in that I reckon.
    Matt C
    Matt C

Rowing as cross-training. Anyone do it? Empty Re: Rowing as cross-training. Anyone do it?

Post by Matt C Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:48 am

OMG i hate real rowing on the water...

but i do like WT rowers..

make sure though you get some help with correct technique, otherwise you will be posting about a fucked back at the start of the season...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:45 am