Triathnet

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Triathnet

Triathlon training discusssion

+24
Doug G
Simon R
Todd C
Rex R
Phill K
Tim D
Peta R
Dani "fezza" T
Matt C
Katrina C
Cameron G
Amy B
ZoeE
Glenn C
Julie H
Dave B
Gillian A
Joe S
Dan B
Jason C
Dave Tyno
MickyC
Andrew Zed
Alex R
28 posters

What races are on your Horizon?

Phill K
    Phill K

What races are on your Horizon? - Page 2 Empty Re: What races are on your Horizon?

Post by Phill K Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:10 am

Canberra Sprint 10/01/10
    Canberra Challenge OD 24/01/10
    Canberra Classic 14/02/10
    Husky LC 21/02/10
    IMOz ?
    Dave Tyno
    Dave Tyno

What races are on your Horizon? - Page 2 Empty Re: What races are on your Horizon?

Post by Dave Tyno Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:17 pm

A couple more probables for me:
    10k at Glasshouse - Hares and Hounds on 10th Jan
    6 Hr at Caboolture Dusk til Dawn Feb 13.
    Might make it hard to backup for Bribie the next day.........
    Rex R
    Rex R

Post by Rex R Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:06 am

Just had a quiet couple of months after a busy first half of the year lead up to the LD worlds in Perth - time to get a calendar together for next year.

Have entered :
    Hell of the West,
    Mooloolabah tri and
    Brisbane twilight half marathon which takes me up to March.

After that the plan is

Byron tri
    Gold Coast marathon
    Yeppoon half ironman

And then if the planets align, Busso IM in December to celebrate my 50th birthday. Looking forward to moving up a category in 2010!
    Todd C

Post by Todd C Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:17 am

IM Oz - that is the only race in the calendar at this stage for me.

I was going to do Huski but now have to travel to Melbourne the week before it just doesn't work for me now.

I'll probably get a few short local races done in Jan, Feb and March including the club champs over the Olympic Distance but none of those are a priority so I'll assess those as I go.
    Gillian A
    Gillian A

Post by Gillian A Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:29 am

I've just revised my season plans:
    Canberra Oly - still as planned
    Huski - still as planned
    Newcastle Oly - substitute for cancelled Adelaide. Ouch, 5 laps up into King Edward Park is going to hurt big time. A new training strategy is on the cards.
    Glenn C
    Glenn C

Post by Glenn C Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:33 am

Phill K wrote:Canberra Sprint 10/01/10
    Canberra Challenge OD 24/01/10
    Canberra Classic 14/02/10
    Husky LC 21/02/10
    IMOz ?

Phil, Are you in Canberra? Who do you train with?
    Amy B
    Amy B

Post by Amy B Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:45 am

Amy B wrote:Bay Crits Jan
    One or 2 sprint races in late feb/early march
    Lots of Crit Racing Jan to April
    Aus Champs - OD - Adelaide - March
    More bike racing and hill climing in prep for -
    3 months in Europe June - Sept.. Race Tris, Race bikes, Ride some Alps, Watch the Tour..
    Budapest - Sept 2010

With TA screwing things up with the qualifying races, it's looking more and more likely that I may just spend 2010 as a cyclist..

New plans -
    Bay Crits
    National Road Race (I've entered, but 95% sure I won't race..)
    Club Crits 1-2 times per week
    Tour of Coleraine - April
    Then depending how the hill climbing's been going and how insane I'm feeling at the time of entries closing.. I may tackle the beast that is the Baw Baw Classic..
    Simon R
    Simon R

Post by Simon R Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:55 am

Ironman New zealand 2010

After that TBD..

Bub number 2 is due at the end of March. At this stage no set date/race has been decided on for the 2010/11 season. A lot will depend on how i can schedule in training etc. I anticipate if everything goes smoothly I will start doing some tri specific training around Oct and target either a couple of sprint/OD races that are relatively close to home.

Long range Busselton 2011 is on the agenda.
    Doug G
    Doug G

Post by Doug G Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:34 am

As far as I know at this stage it is:

70.3 California
    70.3 Galverstone (Lonestar - its on Anzac day and I want to work in a fundraiser for Legacy)
    70.3 Honu
    IM Louisville (at the start of Legacy week so I want to link this up with fund raising also)

I will try to do the Honolulu International (OD race) and also possibly Lava man.
    Phill K
    Phill K

Post by Phill K Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:51 am

Phil, Are you in Canberra? Who do you train with?

No, not in Canberra. Canberra is the the nearest venue with any races. As a result 99% of the time I train alone.
    Phill K
    Phill K

Post by Phill K Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:52 am

Still working on the quote thing!
    Glenn C
    Glenn C

Post by Glenn C Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:44 am

Not to worry, I think training solo is better for yu most of the time. Except for some of those sessions where you want/need to be pushed. Most of my training is alone. I get out and train with people when it starts to feel like work. Then its not so much the training but the fun of hanging out with others.
    Phill K wrote:
    No, not in Canberra. Canberra is the the nearest venue with any races. As a result 99% of the time I train alone.
    Martin T
    Martin T

Post by Martin T Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:15 am

Challenge Wanaka (NZ) Jan 16
    HOTW (Specator cyclops )
    Mooloolaba
    Bryon Bay OD
    Yeppoon HIM
    GC HIM
    Helen R
    Helen R
    Coach

Post by Helen R Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:05 am

Amy B wrote:
    Amy B wrote:Bay Crits Jan
    One or 2 sprint races in late feb/early march
    Lots of Crit Racing Jan to April
    Aus Champs - OD - Adelaide - March
    More bike racing and hill climing in prep for -
    3 months in Europe June - Sept.. Race Tris, Race bikes, Ride some Alps, Watch the Tour..
    Budapest - Sept 2010

With TA screwing things up with the qualifying races, it's looking more and more likely that I may just spend 2010 as a cyclist..

New plans -
    Bay Crits
    National Road Race (I've entered, but 95% sure I won't race..)
    Club Crits 1-2 times per week
    Tour of Coleraine - April
    Then depending how the hill climbing's been going and how insane I'm feeling at the time of entries closing.. I may tackle the beast that is the Baw Baw Classic..

I've had to re-plan my season too. Adelaide was my "A" race :-(
    Now planning to do:

Redcliffe in Feb
    Kingscliff in March
    Luke Harrop in April
    Byron Bay in May

Pretty low-key after my last two seasons so it feels like a bit of a let down at the moment, but will probably be good for me to back it off a bit.
    Wayne_tri62
    Wayne_tri62

Post by Wayne_tri62 Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:55 am

Hi, I am undertaking my first long tri at Goondiwindi Hell of the West. I have done 5 previous Noosa's, and they have been my longest events. Not being the best swimmer I am nervous about the 2 k's Embarassed . And they say being in fresh water makes it a little tougher also. I think I have the nutrition down, but we will see on the day. When you see a 45-49 age grouper shaking uncontrollably at the start, that will be me... but I am looking forward to it Rolling Eyes
    Tricia A

Post by Tricia A Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:17 am

IM New Zealand - all booked - can't wait!
    Gold Coast Marathon (maybe) never managed to get to a marathon start yet - so hopefully this is the year!
    Yeppoon Half - wouldn't miss it!
    Airlie Beach Tri - on the doorstep!
    Busso (???) - hopefully - about 8 - 10 from our club going so it would be a good year to train for it.
    Peta R

Post by Peta R Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:33 am

Tricia, my year is going to look very similar to yours plus some mtb races & the Tour de Cure.

See you in NZ! Smile
    Peta R

Post by Peta R Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:49 am

Wayne_tri62 wrote:Hi, I am undertaking my first long tri at Goondiwindi Hell of the West. I have done 5 previous Noosa's, and they have been my longest events. Not being the best swimmer I am nervous about the 2 k's Embarassed . And they say being in fresh water makes it a little tougher also. I think I have the nutrition down, but we will see on the day. When you see a 45-49 age grouper shaking uncontrollably at the start, that will be me... but I am looking forward to it Rolling Eyes
    Wayne, don't worry about what people are saying to you (except your coach if you have one). You've done the work now just go and find your water, breath your speed and swim your race. Looking forward to your race report. Smile
    Tricia A

Post by Tricia A Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:41 pm

Peta R wrote:Tricia, my year is going to look very similar to yours plus some mtb races & the Tour de Cure.

See you in NZ! Smile

Cool - see you in a few weeks then!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:26 pm