Triathnet

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Triathnet

Triathlon training discusssion

2 posters

Planet X frame - Roo???

Mick B
    Mick B

Planet X frame - Roo??? Empty Planet X frame - Roo???

Post by Mick B Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:36 am

I am very tempted to pick up one of those Planet X TT frames Andrew B has in the bike piccy thread. My wife is visiting her brother in New York City in April so can bring it back for me as a pressie.

Just a question. Are they the Karbona frames? The drop looks pretty big for a 76 degree seat post bike. I think Alex has ridden one. I currently have a 76 deg alum TT frame and my drop is bugger all, but the top tube is too long so may affect things a little.

Anyone have any good or bad things to pass on before I pull the trigger.

The blue one or the white one looks the goods,

http://www.planet-x-usa.com/UserFiles/File/Uploads%20from%20Brian/FAQ%20-%20Pro%20Carbon%20Stealth%20TT%202.pdf

$US699 seems pretty good. Should I get a second seat post while I am at it to save stuffing around if I bust one?
    Scott M
    Scott M

Planet X frame - Roo??? Empty Re: Planet X frame - Roo???

Post by Scott M Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:57 am

Mick,

Just something for you to consider. I also just passed this info onto someone else on here looking a TT frames.

The frameset pictured has External Cable routing. It's not a biggy but if you going to spend the $$$ you may as well get that sort of stuff. The Planet-X framesets look to be the same as the Karbona TT lite. If you visit the Karbona website and look for the Neo TT frameset that is the one i have posted in the "show us your ride" thread. They also have geometry on the website.

If you cant find it i have the geometry sheet on file. If you send me your email address i can email it through.

Dont get me wrong for that price that is a good deal but consider everything.

Scott
    Mick B
    Mick B

Post by Mick B Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:46 am

See lucky I asked. Have never had internal cable routing and hadn't considered it. Anyone know of other US based mobs badging frames? I kind of liked the idea of a rarer look. You don't see many of the Planet X's, there must be other rare beasts on the US scene I could look at.

Post by Guest Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:13 am

What size are you after?

I know of a BMC TT02 Frame set going (in large 568 TT )for a reasonable price.
    Mick B
    Mick B

Post by Mick B Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:02 am

Dave, too big (sorry for not replying, didn't see your post til now).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:58 am