Triathnet

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Triathnet

Triathlon training discusssion

2 posters

Gravity Ordered Velocity Stress Score

Alex R
    Alex R
    **MicroMan World Record Holder**

Gravity Ordered Velocity Stress Score Empty Gravity Ordered Velocity Stress Score

Post by Alex R Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:28 pm

Glenn C wrote:Gravity Ordered Velocity Stress Score would be a more accurate version of power for running.

Glenn posted thiss in the swim thread. Can you expand? My inner nerd is tingling!!!!
    Glenn C
    Glenn C

Gravity Ordered Velocity Stress Score Empty Re: Gravity Ordered Velocity Stress Score

Post by Glenn C Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:45 am

Hey Alex, I have read this, I will get back to you gotta run Smile
    Glenn C
    Glenn C

Gravity Ordered Velocity Stress Score Empty Re: Gravity Ordered Velocity Stress Score

Post by Glenn C Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:54 am

Finally back to it.

GOVSS is an alorithym that can be used to more accurately gauge the power output of a runner by taking into account the height, mass, running speed and gradient they are running on. Dr Skiba sells it as part of an application he has under race day software at www.physfarm.com. This program taps into GPS data from your running computer. I can imagine this kind of computing power one day being in your Garmin wacth. Perhaps not as far away as you may think. It really wouldn't take much. Its not perfect, but it goes some way to controlling more of the variables than currently running on pace alone to give a more accurate determination of effort. I don't know that it would be much good at all for track runners, but the longer you go the more valuable it would become IMO.

The software that is currently availabl would be a great analysis tool as you could use it to evaluate how your power has changed as you went through the IM mara for example and draw appropriate conclusions.
    Alex R
    Alex R
    **MicroMan World Record Holder**

Post by Alex R Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:19 am

I am going to download the trial. I use WKO+ at the moment so we can look at some comparrisons. Have a 310.
    Glenn C
    Glenn C

Post by Glenn C Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:21 am

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:44 am