Triathnet

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Triathnet

Triathlon training discusssion

4 posters

Aerobars: for those of us with long arms

Dan B
    Dan B
    Super Awesome. 30X30 Run Champ.

Aerobars: for those of us with long arms Empty Aerobars: for those of us with long arms

Post by Dan B Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:44 am

I am building my Felt bike. So far I have the frame and wheels. Next purchase is an aerobar and base bar. One issue I have is I have very long forearms. On my current no name model my arms stick out quite a way, which is very uncomfortable and not good for handling. Have limited access to view them in LBS. My LBS has one model only.

Does anyone suffer the same issue and has a recommendation.
    Alex R
    Alex R
    **MicroMan World Record Holder**

Aerobars: for those of us with long arms Empty Re: Aerobars: for those of us with long arms

Post by Alex R Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:53 am

Profile T2+

I am 6'4" and use these. The best thing about then is that you can move the whole elbow pad along the extension and can have the pad right under your elbow. Here is a pic of them on my TT pushie....

Aerobars: for those of us with long arms 9233_183757271755_785951755_3892080_6483457_n

I can't say enough good things about them. Ultra adjustable.
    Dave Tyno
    Dave Tyno

Aerobars: for those of us with long arms Empty Re: Aerobars: for those of us with long arms

Post by Dave Tyno Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:05 am

Dan - I've got alloy T2+ as well, but no bar end shifters and on standard drops.
    I've adjusted them as far forward as I can, but wish there was another couple of inches on the end.
    As it is I have to pull my arms in a little bit if I'm going over rougher roads to feel a bit more stable.
    If you're going bar end shifters, that might make the difference though.
    Andrew Zed
    Andrew Zed

Post by Andrew Zed Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:44 am

3T clips ons are pretty long, cut an inch off mine, and probably should have been a bit more now that ive tried them out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:07 pm