Triathnet

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Triathnet

Triathlon training discusssion

5 posters

Blood Type Diet

Alex R
    Alex R
    **MicroMan World Record Holder**

Blood Type Diet Empty Blood Type Diet

Post by Alex R Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:49 am

Have been a little flat and after suggestion am looking at the Blood Group Diet.

Blood Type Diet

I am an O

Blood Type Diet Bloodochart

Any experiences or comments?
    Julie H
    Julie H

Blood Type Diet Empty Re: Blood Type Diet

Post by Julie H Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:09 am

Let me know what you think. I am currently doing The Paleo Diet http://www.thepaleodiet.com/

It makes sense to me.
    Glenn C
    Glenn C

Post by Glenn C Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:03 am

Hi Alex, I have found after listening to my body for a while I naturally avoided foods that this diet suggested I should. I didn't know it at the time. After a reccomendation I purchased the book and it seemed to be pretty good/accurate. There were a few foods that I found I could handle that the book said I should avoid, but it did make identifying them a bit easier.

For example: I'm O type also and I love eggs and feel great when I eat them. Its one of our eat lots of foods Smile

I can post it to you if you for a loaner if you like.
    Mick B
    Mick B

Post by Mick B Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:15 am

Harris1 is a ripped unit following this Witch Doctor Diet. I went for the consult and I am the Vego version. I definitely feel I need the red meat though. I have broadly followed most of the other recommendations and eating rye bread mostly and trying (somewhat unsuccessfully) to minimise dairy and wheat as recommended. You should be sweat though as you have showed previously you can follow a rigid eating regimine.
    Campbell M
    Campbell M
    Coach

Post by Campbell M Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:35 pm

Forgive my cynicism...but is the Blood Type Diet the nutritional equivalent of compression socks and Newton shoes??!! ;-)

My first reaction would be to suggest that you're either tird and worn-out from everything going on in life (if so, chill out for a while), or low in iron.
    Glenn C
    Glenn C

Post by Glenn C Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:40 am

If anything it taught me to be more aware of how my body is responding to certain foods.

I for one have almost completely removed wheat products from my diet and my wife has removed almost all milk except in cooking from hers. I personally have found a switch to rice milk to be very helpful, but nowhere near as much as she noticed.

Cam, If you think the idea of avoiding grains and or foods that make you feel less than optimum is a bit silly you should chat with former world marathon record holder (and my childhood idol) Robert De Castella Wink

Alex, I have also found the "The Paleo Diet for Athletes" pretty useful. But must admit I'm a bit of a fan of Friel, because in practice his stuff works.

Last edited by Glenn C on Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
    Alex R
    Alex R
    **MicroMan World Record Holder**

Post by Alex R Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:36 am

Campbell M wrote:Forgive my cynicism...but is the Blood Type Diet the nutritional equivalent of compression socks and Newton shoes??!! ;-)

My first reaction would be to suggest that you're either tird and worn-out from everything going on in life (if so, chill out for a while), or low in iron.

Haha. I do admit to trying the sock thing but not the shoes. Socks are gone. It is entirely possible it is the same thing though. Reading the list however, it is pretty much what I would eat when thinking about it but makes some interesting suggestions about some foods that I do occasionally eat. Thinking about it, these foods usually don't have me jumping out of my skin. That reflection could also be a placebo effect after reading they are supposed to be sub optimal. The gist of it isn't so much a do and don't but more of a 'this is good and that not so'.

As for the tired/worn out have had mucho blood extracted and levels for everthing are good. I think much of it is work related for actual sleep fatigue and mental fatigue associated with some stuff of late. Still, two days of loosely watching the intake and I feel pretty good. Only time will tell of course. Many 'insta-cures' I think appear to work for the person because coincidentally they just happened to get better at the same time anyway.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 2:45 am