Triathnet

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Triathnet

Triathlon training discusssion

+8
Dan B
Andrew K
Cameron G
Shane M
Nathan C
Blair V
Dave Tyno
Alex R
12 posters

What do you want for the next training challene?

Alex R
    Alex R
    **MicroMan World Record Holder**

What do you want for the next training challene? Empty What do you want for the next training challene?

Post by Alex R Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:28 am

I was thinking sometng simming based. Maybe 1 point per km or something? 30 points for the calender month (not 30 days). Could even do a sit up chalenge? Anything... Over to you.
    Dave Tyno
    Dave Tyno

What do you want for the next training challene? Empty Re: What do you want for the next training challene?

Post by Dave Tyno Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:35 am

If it's swimming, I think time based would be better. Probably just because I swim slower than most.
    There would have to also be some sort of Anti-Aimz weighting too. pirat
    Alex R
    Alex R

What do you want for the next training challene? Empty Re: What do you want for the next training challene?

Post by Alex R Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:01 am

How about 1 point per 20 minutes? I know that a 20 minute drill sesion is usually around 1km for me with all the stffing around with toys and reading/talking. So if you did 3x 1 hour sesions a week that would be 9 points per wek or around 45 for the month.Maybe make the goal 40 points for the month. The intent of these challenges is to get some for of consistency going as opposed to massive overload. I know that I am running as well as ever after the 30x30 runs challenge. A swim chalenge also has the potential to get very expensive depending on your personal circumstance with access to pools etc. I know for me it is easy as I have 2x25m pools in my complex and the Arabian Gulf across the road from me bt if I was doing this at say Yeonga in Brisbane, I would be up for at least $15 a week in entry fees for 3 swims plus any squad I may attend.
    Blair V
    Blair V

Post by Blair V Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:28 am

Swimming sounds good generally but for me personally I probably won't be doing much swimming or riding in two weeks time.
    Nathan C
    Nathan C

Post by Nathan C Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:45 pm

PUSH UPS!!!!!!!!!
    Shane M
    Shane M

Post by Shane M Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:23 pm

Push ups and sit ups sounds different and a definite challenge for some. everyone could do a 1 or 2 minute test in the first week of the month, then continue normal training plus p/ups & sit ups then do the same test at the end of the month. Could see who can do the most and also the person with the biggest improvement (%). Gives us BOP a chance.....
    Blair V
    Blair V

Post by Blair V Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:49 pm

Yeah I could do pushups. I won't like it though
    Cameron G
    Cameron G

Post by Cameron G Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:51 am

ive tried pushups in the past and from my experience you really need to slowly work it into the training otherwise it will stuff you for a week of swimming.

Over a few too many xmas beers i did the 1 hour challange of how many pushups. I stopped at 50 in 35 minutes as i knew it would stuff up training. It took me all week to recover.

BTW i suck at pushups and am weak in the upper body. both brother in-laws did 100 in the hour.

how about procrastination challange. this one ill be top dog.
    Andrew K
    Andrew K

Post by Andrew K Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:01 pm

I'm all for a swimming challenge but that's cos it fits in with my plans anyway. I've got a bunch of Masters swim meets and ocean swims coming up over the next couple of months so will prob swim 4 - 5 times per week.
    Dan B
    Dan B
    Super Awesome. 30X30 Run Champ.

Post by Dan B Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:47 pm

A bike one would be good.
    Alex R
    Alex R

Post by Alex R Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:37 pm

Bike one was the one before. It lasted a whole year Cool I really want to do swimming.....
    Matt N
    Matt N

Post by Matt N Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:24 pm

Cameron G wrote:ive tried pushups in the past and from my experience you really need to slowly work it into the training otherwise it will stuff you for a week of swimming.

Over a few too many xmas beers i did the 1 hour challange of how many pushups. I stopped at 50 in 35 minutes as i knew it would stuff up training. It took me all week to recover.

BTW i suck at pushups and am weak in the upper body. both brother in-laws did 100 in the hour.

how about procrastination challange. this one ill be top dog.

Do you mean 500 and 1000?
    Rex R
    Rex R

Post by Rex R Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:45 am

I am keen for the swim challenge - I find it hard to get motivated as the only pool that fits in with my schedule is the 18m pool in the basement of our building - can slip down at lunch time and knock out 120 laps in my break but it is dead boring.
    Joe S

Post by Joe S Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:15 am

Another vote here for a swim challenge
    Wayne_tri62
    Wayne_tri62

Post by Wayne_tri62 Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:12 am

Being a Tri addict who's swimming always suck,,, I will go for the swim challenge. To bad we did not do this prior to Gundy,,, still nervous a bit Mad
    Cameron G
    Cameron G

Post by Cameron G Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:09 pm

Matt N wrote:

u cheeky plick
    Matt N
    Matt N

Post by Matt N Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:23 pm

Cameron G wrote:
    Matt N wrote:

u cheeky plick

Ok I was being a little cheeky. Before reading your post I had just finished listening to an IMTalk podcast where they where talking about the 1 hour pushup challenge and they were talking numbers around 600 and 800. Now I don't think I would get anywhere near that but i also think with pacing you could get way over 50! Just think if you only did one every 30s that's 60.

I'm going to give it a go as it has me intrigued now. I used to do a test where I would try and do as many pushups as I could without stopping. For years it was 37. Then I lost about 20kg's and thought I hadn't done the test for while and gave it a go. I knocked out 41 and have since got as high as 44.
    Cameron G
    Cameron G

Post by Cameron G Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:05 am

i can only manage about 15 in a row before i fall to the ground in pain.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 6:17 pm