Triathnet

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Triathnet

Triathlon training discusssion

5 posters

Triathnet back on line.

Alex R
    Alex R
    **MicroMan World Record Holder**

Triathnet back on line. Empty Triathnet back on line.

Post by Alex R Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:49 am

Have tidied the place up and removed all the spam. Have put measures in place to keep it away.

Also have added a mobile feature so the site will format nicely on a mobile phone for you if you find yourself bored somewhere sometime.

Any suggestions, comments etc are most welcome. What do YOU guys want to see here.
    Mick B
    Mick B

Triathnet back on line. Empty Re: Triathnet back on line.

Post by Mick B Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:43 am

Well Sheeee-it, I remembered my login and password.

How about we talk about how good IMNYCNJ will be?

Did your sand land mates get in Plaz?
    Alex R
    Alex R

Post by Alex R Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:17 pm

Sure did. Two got in on entry and two others got community spots. I got into IM Texas and Sri Lanka 5150. Have 330ish days to IM and 230 or so for Sri Lanka. Got coach Pitman back on board so see how we go. Not in it for pbs but just for some fun. Have a good little group growing here in Dubai so training is certainly becoming easier. When I was making an attempt at Phuket last year, I was extremely limited on training venues but have found stacks since. Cycling was the problem but I have now got up to 4 hours available right from my front door and a number or 90-150 minute rides as well. Have a 30m pool now too which makes swimming a little better. Is hot as hell right now but cools down in September so I figure if I can push through July, I am set as I am in OZ for August on leave. The guys training for IMNY are going to do it tough as they have to train June/July/August which are the hot months here. Texas is in May and the weather October to May is superb.
    Mick B
    Mick B

Post by Mick B Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:28 pm

Sri Lanka? Interesting. Where did you pull that from?

Alex R wrote:The guys training for IMNY are going to do it tough as they have to train June/July/August which are the hot months here. Texas is in May and the weather October to May is superb.

I'll have the opposite problem going winter to 35+ degrees. Glad I jumped on it though, listening to a podcast with Brad Culp from Lava mag which is linked to WTC and sounds like they are kicking themselves they didn't charge $1500 going by the 9min sell-out. Fair chance it will go up sharply for 2013. I was going over to visit relo's anyway so it was lucky timing.
    Alex R
    Alex R

Post by Alex R Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:57 pm

Seeing as I spent a few hours tidying things up, I spammed the web adress far and wide. See where it takes us. If nowhere, no biggie. May be useful for some location specific discussion without all the already established themes of Slowtwits and Transitions etc.
    Grant S
    Grant S

Post by Grant S Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:32 pm

Alex R wrote:
    Also have added a mobile feature so the site will format nicely on a mobile phone for you if you find yourself bored somewhere sometime.

Looks great, but only for browsing? I'm probably missing something but I couldn't find login or reply/post type links over on 'mobile'.
    ChrisE
    ChrisE

Post by ChrisE Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:35 am

Hopefully it gets some legs. There was some fairly handy info on here without the noise.

I enjoy the 'down at the pub' like social aspect of transitions, but there is a need for an on topic forum with ego's left at the door.

Thanks for cleaning up the spam and kick starting this place again. Hope fluro log backs in.

Last edited by ChrisE on Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
    Matt C
    Matt C

Post by Matt C Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:37 am

dont get to excited.. ill be here to keep everyone in check!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:50 am