Triathnet

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Triathnet

Triathlon training discusssion

+3
Mark Welsh
Matt C
Grant S
7 posters

Mojo????????

Grant S
    Grant S

Mojo???????? Empty Mojo????????

Post by Grant S Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:34 am

I've never understood the 'where's my mojo' type threads, we only do this for fun so if its not fun any more just stop doing it... Right?

Problem is when you know you want to but it's just not happening, as the list of paid for DNS's grows I'm looking for some tips. Do I just back off and wait for it? Do different races? Get the mtb out? Go for a surf?

Sleep
    Matt C
    Matt C

Mojo???????? Empty Re: Mojo????????

Post by Matt C Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:39 am

you need to accept there are two different types of mojo.. or two different types of triathlete..

the one that does it for health fitness and general welbeing
    the other does it to race and win etc...

Mark Welsh

Post by Mark Welsh Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:15 am

Hi everyone! this is my first post and this seems to be a good place to start as I have lost my Mojo.
    I hate the feeling of not being fit after being up there for the last eleven years with IM. My thinking is, if I get on here and read about what your goals are and how you are achieving them in might excite me into action once again.
    Alex R
    Alex R
    **MicroMan World Record Holder**

Post by Alex R Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:05 am

I found that using easy goals to get me kick started worked again Little ones like ride twice in a week then maybe ride a little further then swim twice in two weeks and so on. I also use a training program called WKO+ and it has this noce little blue line that goes up and up as you train more (chronic training load) and it becomes a nice little motivator to keep it going up. That is where Triathlog works well in that you can use the leaderboards to try and move up rungs above people or try and get the different average columns to go up etc. I find it just takes that initial 6-8 weks of kick start to get it and get amongst it. I just had my biggest training month since mid 2009 so I am certainly hearing you and your Mojo issues Mark. I also use facebook and have clicked like on a whole bunch of triathlon related stuf. A number f times I have been going to skip a session then happened to look at my phone and seen a Facebook update that has been tri or training related and that has kicked me enough in the arse to get out there. Greg and Laura Bennet are good ones to follow as is Macca and Belinda Granger. Crowies is just a spam marketing machine and I am yet to see anything useful on his.
    MickyC
    MickyC

Post by MickyC Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:42 am

My mojo has been at an all-time low. 6 weeks + doing sweet F.A. exercise wise. The weather here in Melbourne has been shite too which hasn’t helped either.

A spin room that I used to go to has just opened up a new place right near my work and with a timetable that really suits my schedule. I went yesterday for the first time in ages.

I struggled massively, didn’t even come close to hitting the numbers that I used to be able to hit before (which is to be expected). I even changed the display so that I couldn’t see the power figures as it was too depressing. Had two little spit-vomits in my mouth and was wrecked by the end.

But…. I loved it! I can’t wait to go again. I feel the mojo returning!
    ChrisE
    ChrisE

Post by ChrisE Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:21 pm

Yep. It's winter, cold mornings and good sleeping weather, the mercury will rise and the mojo will return.
    Mick B
    Mick B

Post by Mick B Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:40 am

It's Tour time. I at least get some wind trainer time in.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:23 am