Triathnet

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Triathnet

Triathlon training discusssion

+5
Julie H
Jason C
Cameron N
Andrew Zed
Dan B
9 posters

The Peeing Thread

Dan B
    Dan B
    Super Awesome. 30X30 Run Champ.

The Peeing Thread Empty The Peeing Thread

Post by Dan B Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:19 am

Ok someone had to ask it. At the last HIM I had 3 pitstops where I had to go to a port-a-loo during the race. As I prepare for the IM in March at Port Mac I was wondering about weeing strategies. How often, where do you do it and how?
    Andrew Zed
    Andrew Zed

The Peeing Thread Empty Re: The Peeing Thread

Post by Andrew Zed Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:30 am

drank half Lake Kialla at my last HIM then the equivelant of the other half during the rest of the race, no toilet stops required till about 6pm - I think it was a bit hot Smile
    Only times ive ever got to this stage have been during the run (held on for quite a while one ride though), and thankfully on courses that had public toilets as well as portaloos, its gunna be a very desperate situation to get me to use portaloos.
    Cameron N
    Cameron N

Post by Cameron N Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:54 am

I use it as a guide to how well hydrated I am. If I haven't peed after a few hours into an IM I haven't drunk enough. If I went for 6-8hr on a normal day at work without peeing I know it's because I would be dehydrated, and IM day is no different: pour it in!
    I usually would go a couple of times on the bike and a couple on the run.
    As for how Shocked When you gotta go, you gotta go. If you are having trouble going, you don't need to go enough.
    Just remember NOT to leave your IM bike and running shoes in your plastic gear bag for several days post race until you get home No
    Jason C
    Jason C

Post by Jason C Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:15 am

I've only pee'd once in both IM's on the run, & I am a heavy sweater, so obviously I need to drink more on the bike in future IM's. It makes sense, I drink about 2 litres a day at work & i'm peeing every couple of hours.
    Julie H
    Julie H

Post by Julie H Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:02 am

Before you pee on the bike look behind you and see no-one is there. Also make sure you aren't peeing on your bike. Do it before an aid station so you can wash yourself down with a water bottle. Going down a hill is a good time to go as you don't have to pedal and you can relax out of the saddle.

Like Cam said, make sure you soak your shoes ASAP. TOXIC Crying or Very sad
    Alex R
    Alex R
    **MicroMan World Record Holder**

Post by Alex R Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:04 am

I was all by myself out at the ghost road at Port a couple of years ago and let fly then heard a motorbike coming up behind me. It just would not stop and I thought for sure I was busted. Looked under my shoulder and it was the TV bike and they sat back there for the entire 'show'. LOL. Enjoy.
    Glenn C
    Glenn C

Post by Glenn C Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:24 am

You just go my man. Same as others said, but most importantly DONT PEE ON YOUR BOTTLES! Put one in your mouth and hold the other.
    Gillian A
    Gillian A

Post by Gillian A Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:11 am

Agree, just go, a gentle downhill is good, nice and cooling as well. But the first time is really tough because it goes against everything your mother ever taught you about being polite in company.
    Matt C
    Matt C

Post by Matt C Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:19 am

im sure i posted this before.. but anyway..

just pee your self then brag about it later

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 9:15 am