Triathnet

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Triathnet

Triathlon training discusssion

+5
Nathan C
Matt N
Dave Tyno
Paul F
Alex R
9 posters

Project X.

Alex R
    Alex R
    **MicroMan World Record Holder**

Project X. Empty Project X.

Post by Alex R Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:24 am

What is Project X?

Project X is something I have tried to get off the ground a few times over the years elsewhere but gets lost in noise from the peanut gallery. What I want to do is to get ourselves a project athlete for a 12 month period and see what happens with them. It can happen one of two ways. The first is that the athlete is coached by an individual or a group consensus and all sessions are discussed and progress followed so people can see what worked, what did not and what was interesting with the process. This method requires a pretty raw beginner who is prepared to do exactlly what they are told to and stick with it for the duration. The second method is for someone to document their training much like Fluro does with his training so that people can read what is happening with the whole thing.

What I need is for anyone interested in the Project to message me. This includes coaches and athletes alike. This is still in the planning stages and is just a concept until I can see what is about. Also, feel free to add things that you would think valuable to the Project. Information you would like to see, time frames, what ever.
    Paul F
    Paul F
    Coach

Project X. Empty Re: Project X.

Post by Paul F Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:51 am

This is great idea. It would be awesome to track an athlete or two (maybe a short course and an IM athlete) for a period of 12months and watch how they progress through each discipline.

It's not so much the training itself but also how you fit the training in, dealing with setbacks, work, family, injuries, planning, nutrition, recovery, testing, etc etc.

fluro
    Dave Tyno
    Dave Tyno

Post by Dave Tyno Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:29 pm

I like the idea of this, but even reading some of the threads here, there are so many variations on training ideas, how would you be able to achieve a group consensus?
    Matt N
    Matt N

Post by Matt N Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:03 pm

I remember starting up one like this on Trannies. I think I'd be a suitable person. I have somewhat improved my fitness over the last couple of years and am past newby but haven't done anything longer than 1/30/8. I have big gains to be made in swimming and biking.

Having said all that I'm not sure I'm ready to commit to an Ironman nor a project as big as this as I think the motivation would be coming from the wrong area and be too easy to lose.
    Nathan C
    Nathan C

Post by Nathan C Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:33 am

I think 2XU might have some issues with the branding LOL! but its a great idea, if i can help in any way let me know.
    Alex R
    Alex R
    **MicroMan World Record Holder**

Post by Alex R Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:44 am

As a little update to this, I have a couple of people who has expressed interest and I thank them. I am going to sit on it for a bit as the forum has kind of evolved a couple of similar discussions already. clown

As an adddition, for those interested in power and pace and training peaks, I am going to get some stuff into a thread ovver the coming months while I get some training happening. We can all learn together.
    Cameron G
    Cameron G

Post by Cameron G Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:27 am

Im doing my own training schedule and this is what i did last week.

Last week was a semi epic week (it was bloody huge for me) and my longest week of training ever with a fairly big workload on both the swim and bike front.

Im focused on the goal of finishing my first IM in the quickest possible time without jepodising the finish.

the training was off the back of a relatively slow week on holidays but suffered from a head cold and major heyfever. In the first 2 days of the week I was still recovering from the cold.

Last week this was my program, mixed in with work made it pretty tiring. I worked 12 hours days shift Thursday and Friday, then 12 hours night shift Saturday and Sunday.

www.triathlog.net/week.asp?dtWeekStart=04Jan10

After yesterday long ride through the hills i have found some more confidence that ill be able to go well on the bike at PM. Smile

I didnt do any long runs due to me coming back from achillies injury. The injury feels fine and will do more this week.
    Blair V
    Blair V

Post by Blair V Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:46 am

The link didn't work for me but I think this link is right: http://www.triathlog.net/week_spy.asp?iSpyMembID=684&dtWeekStart=04%20Jan%2010

And you're right - that is f-king epic!
    Cameron G
    Cameron G

Post by Cameron G Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:05 am

[quote="Blair V"]

The link didn't work for me but I think this link is right: http://www.triathlog.net/week_spy.asp?iSpyMembID=684&dtWeekStart=04%20Jan%2010

[quote]

for some reason i cant get the links to work properly any longer on here. hmmmm
    crazzycat

Post by crazzycat Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:10 pm

thanks for link
    Dani
    Dani "fezza" T

Post by Dani "fezza" T Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:08 am

I'd be keen - new coach... should be interesting to see how my racing changes with the change in training...

Wont it Paul??!! hahahaa

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 11:37 am