Triathnet

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Triathnet

Triathlon training discusssion

3 posters

Murray Man....good idea?

Brendan D

Murray Man....good idea? Empty Murray Man....good idea?

Post by Brendan D Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:51 am

I am a beginner, very much so. I did my first triathlon a couple of weeks ago, a sprint where I did a 1:18.

I was planning to go to Victor Harbor for the Olympic or Challenge Adelaide, but hearing that Murray Man is going ahead this year has me considering my options (given Adelaide is out).

As far as race location Murray Man works better for me and the idea of doing it really appeals to me but I am not sure that I can get ready for it in time. The swim is the main worry, I think I can get through the other legs.

Basically, does it sound like a good idea to go for Murray man, and also any suggestions for training welcome. I am going to look at some swim coaching to see if I can afford that, but other than that really not sure on a training plan at the moment.
    Simon R
    Simon R

Murray Man....good idea? Empty Re: Murray Man....good idea?

Post by Simon R Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:08 am

Brendan,

If you are planning on doing Victor Harbor than the swim at Murray Man is only 500 metres longer and the majority of the swim is down stream. As far as training goes, just keep doing what you are doing but gradually increase the distances. If at any stage you don't think you are ready than don't do the race and concentrate on Victor Harbor instead.
    Dani
    Dani "fezza" T

Post by Dani "fezza" T Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:53 pm

The swim in the Murray is actually a great swim - heaps better than the Victor swim...

Wont know unless you try!!

It is a very good race and very well run and becoming more and more popular!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content