Triathnet

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Triathnet

Triathlon training discusssion

3 posters

Cycling Road Races in Brisbane 2010

Julie H
    Julie H

Cycling Road Races in Brisbane 2010 Empty Cycling Road Races in Brisbane 2010

Post by Julie H Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:15 am

Hi. Does anyone know where I can find information on Cycling Road Races for next year. I have looked on QLD Cycling and can't find anything. I know there is one around Toowoomba. Any help would be much appreciated
    Thanks
    Alex R
    Alex R
    **MicroMan World Record Holder**

Cycling Road Races in Brisbane 2010 Empty Re: Cycling Road Races in Brisbane 2010

Post by Alex R Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:52 am

http://www.qld.cycling.org.au/calendar/default.asp?date=11-Dec-2009&Type=&Category=&Class=

It isn't up to date at all. CQ are terrible at communicating races. Road Grime http://www.roadgrime.com.au/home/ tells you heaps more. Cycling is not like triathlon where you can pick your races for the next 12 months as they tend to advertise them very late.

The ones of note are Sunny Coast Tour which is usually in June and Tour De Tweed which I think is going to be on in August. Both multi day multi stage events. There is the Cunningham Classic which is in I think Spetember as well as Charles Coin which is up Toowoomba as well around the same time. Cliiope to Biolouila(sp?) is in August. The vast amount of cycling is done between Ipswich and Toowoomba in Qld. i think the next race of not will be Oakey Crit and Kermesse in late jan/early Feb. A Kermesse is like a crit but with a longer lap.

It is all Crit racing at the moment until probably April where I expect they will run Glamorgan again (out toards Esk).
    Matt C
    Matt C

Cycling Road Races in Brisbane 2010 Empty Re: Cycling Road Races in Brisbane 2010

Post by Matt C Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:47 am

depends on what you want julie.. there are lots of options from multi stage/day races to one day races, and one day classics.

let plaz or I know what your looking for in a race and we can let you know options.
    Matt C
    Matt C

Post by Matt C Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:48 am

ooppss wrong thread

Last edited by Matt C on Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Alex R
    Alex R
    **MicroMan World Record Holder**

Post by Alex R Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:03 am

For NRS, I would suggest it is more about who you know, not how hard you go. I was invited to ride the Nat Crit this coming year for a certain team specifically because I am mates with the DS. My job was to be to sit on the front for the first 10 minutes for TV time and brand exposure then pull out letting the race actually begin.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:54 pm