Triathnet

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Triathnet

Triathlon training discusssion

+6
Todd C
Glenn C
Dave B
Matt Mac
Shane M
Matt C
10 posters

falling off bike

Matt C
    Matt C

falling off bike Empty falling off bike

Post by Matt C Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:30 am

two legends of this place fell on their roadie this weekend..

i fell in the zupps ride when the chick infront of me lost it around a round about and i rode straight over her bike and ate shit.. small road rash.. bleading from her chain ring as it went into my quad and some how got a massive bruze in my back i think from her pedal Sad

sucks balls..

que plaz
    Shane M
    Shane M

falling off bike Empty Re: falling off bike

Post by Shane M Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:46 am

Fell off last wednesday night. U-turn on quiet country road, slipped a front wheel into the soft sand on the shoulder, tried to ride out and took the option of falling into soft sand instead of the bitumen on the right hand side. yes it was witnessed but only my pride was hurt ....................
    Matt Mac
    Matt Mac

Post by Matt Mac Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:23 am

my brother had his first stack yesterday and made it a decent one. doing 70km/h descending from Montville, got the death wobbles, lost it and went into a ditch on the side of the road, just missed a telegraph pole and went over the hangers, landed on his back in long grass, no damage to bike, no skin off, just a bruised bum.
    Dave B

Post by Dave B Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:25 pm

100th triathlon last week at Raby Bay International..overcooked a roundab-ouch and slid out...garmin tells me about 37kph...1st off on road in 20 years!! felt no pain at the time just stoopid...got up checked for blood gushing out and spun my wheels - all seemed ok so back into it.Was a bit soft on the next few turns but still managed the fastest bike split in AG Shocked bike was lucky too with the rear bidon holder taking the major hit.At least it was totally my own fault.
    Glenn C
    Glenn C

Post by Glenn C Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:40 pm

Me too. Guy came accross on me on a straight in a race and after I managed to get him out of my front wheel I thought I had survived his stupidty then he fell in front of me and I went over the bars Crying or Very sad Managed to get out riding yesterday, but couldn't run and can't swim. Have severe bruising on left hip and lower back. That with a number of other setbacks may mean I'm just going around at Gundi. Hope I get out and about running again soon, but in the mean time it appears I can maintain some form of fitness with cycling. I guess its how you deal with dissapointment that matters.
    Todd C

Post by Todd C Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:07 am

Must be catching.

I fell off twice in November. Firstly in the Port HIM. Bit of skin off both hips but not enough to take me out of the race.

Second one was worse. Travelling at the back of a training ride and hit a rock. Didn't see it, and no one pointed it out. Trip to emergency in the back of an ambulance. Stitches to knee and elbow. That was three weeks ago. I went out for my first ride this morning and all good... albeit sluggish. Managed two runs on the weekend as well. So the body is fine, but the wallet is $550 lighter after getting the bike back on the road Evil or Very Mad
    Matt C
    Matt C

Post by Matt C Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:03 am

just went to dr for check up..
    no broken ribs i was worried.
    no blood in urine..

i said ill prob ride tomorrow.. he said he wouldnt..

i said ill do it if it doesnt hurt.. he said good.
    Glenn C
    Glenn C

Post by Glenn C Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:45 am

First run today since last Wed. Was VERY slow
    Alex R
    Alex R
    **MicroMan World Record Holder**

Post by Alex R Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:48 am

Yeah. Had a splat. 52km/hr to zero in three bike lengths. I hit the grass not the road so have no bark but some deep bruising. Arm is hard to lift. At least I was not alone when a dozen or so others were in the same crash. I manned up and got back in the race but pulled out 15 minutes later. No mojo.
    Glenn C
    Glenn C

Post by Glenn C Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:50 am

Roughly 40 for me bike stopped straight away I didn't...straight over the handlebars on road.
    Doug G
    Doug G

Post by Doug G Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:47 am

UK OD champs in Liverpool 2004, going up a hill changed down and for some reason something just grabbed and I went fwd as the bike stopped. Must have looked like a real fool falling off over the bars going up a hill!! Still finished.
    Helen R
    Helen R
    Coach

Post by Helen R Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:15 am

I came off last week - had been riding alone, and just as I turned into a headwind a small group came past and said "jump on", which was an offer too good to refuse. After a few minutes I noticed a few of them were on their tri bars in the bunch, and thought "Hmm, not too keen on that" but 30km/h on the back of the bunch was bettr than 23km/h on my own. So I stayed there. Then two of them touched wheels and came down right in front of me, I went over the top. Just a bit of skin off and a big bruise on my hip, no damage to the bike.

Now I know remember why I ride by myself 99.9% of the time.
    Blair V
    Blair V

Post by Blair V Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:23 am

Dave B wrote:100th triathlon last week at Raby Bay International..overcooked a roundab-ouch and slid out...garmin tells me about 37kph...1st off on road in 20 years!! felt no pain at the time just stoopid...got up checked for blood gushing out and spun my wheels - all seemed ok so back into it.Was a bit soft on the next few turns but still managed the fastest bike split in AG Shocked bike was lucky too with the rear bidon holder taking the major hit.At least it was totally my own fault.

I did the same thing Monday last week except it wasn't my fault. Going round a roundabout in Redcliffe in torrential rain and the bike just slid out from under me. I was going really slowly too. Anyway, I slid through the roundabout on my bum and elbow. Came to a stop in the gutter, got up and checked for damage. Didn't even rip my knicks! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 12:47 am