Triathnet

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Triathnet

Triathlon training discusssion

4 posters

Racing Flats

Julie H
    Julie H

Racing Flats Empty Racing Flats

Post by Julie H Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:51 am

After killing my feet in Hawaii I have decided to get into Racing Flats. Any suggestions. I currently wear Brooks Adrenaline and find them great however once they are wet they weigh about 50 kg. I wear orthodics
    Glenn C
    Glenn C

Racing Flats Empty Re: Racing Flats

Post by Glenn C Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:34 pm

Are you talking for IM? If so I would think protection from shock would help you more than flats and would recommend a set of lightweight trainers like the Mizuno Wave Precision 9 (just an example of a style, not a particular recommendation for you). I personally am a big fan of Mizuno as are some very good runners I know. You can "feel the road" really nicely as they give good feedback. I was telling my mate that lives interstate about them and he started laughing because he too had left Nike for them. We ended up buying the same pairs of racing and training shoes withou even talking to each other LOL. Although he has much more impressive run PBs than me.

If you are light and haven't had a running injury for a while and run under around 1.30 for a 1/2 off the bike I think you could still get away with flats but not over that. I use them up to this distance, but never IM or even a fresh mara.
    Peter
    Peter

Post by Peter Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:18 pm

Brooks Adrenaline are not a flat shoe so by putting orthodontics in them you are most likely doing more damage.

Adrenaline are for people that roll in or out(I can't remember). Your orthodontics are to fix an issue you have. Whatever it is.

Speak to the person that made the orthodontics for you as I was told with my current pair that you should only put orthodontics in flat shoes.

As for running in flats, there are heaps out there. Speak to the person that made the Orth.
    andrew b
    andrew b

Post by andrew b Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:04 pm

Julie H wrote:After killing my feet in Hawaii I have decided to get into Racing Flats. Any suggestions. I currently wear Brooks Adrenaline and find them great however once they are wet they weigh about 50 kg. I wear orthodics

you can be assured doing an im marathon in flats will kill your feet more than what you used.

i wouldnt use flats unless i knew i would run 3hrs or less.

as stated lightwieght trainers will make a massive difference. ive always loved ds trainers after running in heavy kayanos for trainnig

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content