Triathnet

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Triathnet

Triathlon training discusssion

+3
Silvia S
Matt N
Alex R
7 posters

Gear: Crazy Stupid price on Limar TT Helmet

Alex R
    Alex R
    **MicroMan World Record Holder**

Gear: Crazy Stupid price on Limar TT Helmet Empty Gear: Crazy Stupid price on Limar TT Helmet

Post by Alex R Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:25 pm

I just bought one of these today. From Torpedo 7.

http://www.torpedo7.com.au/products/LRHLRN9SD/title/LIMAR-Speed-Demon-TT-Helmet

Gear: Crazy Stupid price on Limar TT Helmet LRHLRN9SD_small

Not the fastest helmet in tests but still far quicker than a standard road helmet AND is OZ standard approved.
    Matt N
    Matt N

Gear: Crazy Stupid price on Limar TT Helmet Empty Re: Gear: Crazy Stupid price on Limar TT Helmet

Post by Matt N Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:27 am

Are there no sizes to choose from? Is it one size fits all? (Just reread and saw the one size fits all).

Also in terms of benefit, this would be hard to pass up right? I mean as a person who doesn't have all the equipment (road bike with aero bars and standard come with bike wheels) this would be next on the list?
    Alex R
    Alex R

Gear: Crazy Stupid price on Limar TT Helmet Empty Re: Gear: Crazy Stupid price on Limar TT Helmet

Post by Alex R Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:33 am

Far and away the best time/dollar investment you can make. I will get some power info out when I get mine to see/show any saving between this and my road helmet.
    Silvia S
    Silvia S

Post by Silvia S Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:13 am

mine has been despatched Smile
    grease monkey

Post by grease monkey Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:44 am

I am currently running the Limar tt helmit and It is actually a tight fit as far as helmits go as the side coverings are quite tight and after about 2hrs they start to play on the poor old ears. granted I have a big head.I have only owned the one tt helmit and i just tell myself that they all must be a tight fit and to HTFU. It is a great looking helmit and you certinaly feel fast when you put it on I always think that is worth a few minutes here or there! Very light weight as well and dont be afraid to bend the side flaps back to put it on you will hear a horrible crack but they are designed to bend so you can get your head in.
    Alex R
    Alex R

Post by Alex R Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:44 am

Mine showed up this morning. Will get testing done Sunday.
    Matt Mac
    Matt Mac

Post by Matt Mac Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:10 am

Alex,

you were using an LG Rocket Air weren't you? What did you think? Why the change if moving back to tri? Was the screw on visor any good?

Cheers
    Alex R
    Alex R

Post by Alex R Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:16 am

Rocket was rad. Not OZ approved though so sold it. Was not going to buy a new one until these came up for sale so cheap OZ approved. LG was great though. A little brittle and I had a few cracks on the edges. Word is that iit test faster wwithout the visor and fastest with Oakley sunnies but can't recall which one.
    Paul F
    Paul F
    Coach

Post by Paul F Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:38 am

I have an LG rocket, that sucks I can't use it at Port??

fluro
    Alex R
    Alex R

Post by Alex R Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:42 am

You can use it at Port mate. You just can't use it at a Cycling Australia event. I have been racing them and did the State TTT this year where I had to wear a road helmet.
    Paul F
    Paul F
    Coach

Post by Paul F Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:44 am

Phew,

Thanks for that.

Are you moving overseas?

fluro
    Silvia S
    Silvia S

Post by Silvia S Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:24 am

mine has just arrived Smile

do they look pretty or what (not)
    Good week to take it for a testride in the heat.
    Mick B
    Mick B

Post by Mick B Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:46 am

Be sure to tape up the air vents for extra punch. I have yet to over heat in mine with them taped.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:14 pm