Triathnet

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Triathnet

Triathlon training discusssion

5 posters

How do I improve enough to qualify for the Escape to Alcatraz triathlon?

How do I improve enough to qualify for the Escape to Alcatraz triathlon? Empty How do I improve enough to qualify for the Escape to Alcatraz triathlon?

Post by Guest Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:35 pm

I'm an average, 30-something triathlete. I would love to qualify for the Escape to Alcatraz triathlon, or even the Kona Ironman. How does one begin to improve their triathlon skills? Should I focus on one eleg (swim, bike, run) more than the others?
    Matt C
    Matt C

How do I improve enough to qualify for the Escape to Alcatraz triathlon? Empty Re: How do I improve enough to qualify for the Escape to Alcatraz triathlon?

Post by Matt C Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:56 am

whats your history in sport?
    where are you currently in terms of fitness and weight?
    Glenn C
    Glenn C

How do I improve enough to qualify for the Escape to Alcatraz triathlon? Empty Re: How do I improve enough to qualify for the Escape to Alcatraz triathlon?

Post by Glenn C Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:50 pm

I would rather do the Escape FROM Alcatraz triathlon Very Happy

Ans: For starters, stop doing the triathlete thing and looking for the magic bullet. Invest in a coach.
    Glenn C
    Glenn C

Post by Glenn C Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:51 pm

OH and become obsessed. The first time there is a necessary obsession.
    Alex R
    Alex R
    **MicroMan World Record Holder**

Post by Alex R Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:22 pm

Spam bot chaps....

Just leavng the threads up for the page hits. LOL.
    Wayne_tri62
    Wayne_tri62

Post by Wayne_tri62 Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:34 am

One of the toughest swims even when compared to a 3.8k IM. Cold, very cold, choppy and currents, rips. as for the run, well if it had Andy Potts walking the steps up from the beach, you better know it is a toughy. But hey go for it. As they said. COACH AND DEDICATION. all the best, you have picked the two classic events in Triathlon to undertake,,

touch base with Glenn C is a recommedation.
    Paul F
    Paul F
    Coach

Post by Paul F Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:57 am

How do you know it's a spam bit thingy? and what does spam bit mean?

fluro
    Alex R
    Alex R

Post by Alex R Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:33 pm

The links in signature.
    Paul F
    Paul F
    Coach

Post by Paul F Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:44 pm

Gumby question

Should I not click or those links because of viruses and stuff?

Is this an actual person doing this or some sort of computer program?

Why I'm asking is because for some reason I can no longer shut down my laptop. The little shutting down symbols stays on forever (all night). Don't know what is going on????? and I always have to do a forced shutdown.

fluro
    Alex R
    Alex R

Post by Alex R Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:51 pm

Possibly. I don't click anything ever uness I know exactly what it is. This is why emails that are just a link or forum posts that are just that I will never read. There are some pretty clever people out there that get a kick out of ruining people's computers.
    Alex R
    Alex R

Post by Alex R Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:57 pm

I have turned on pre approval for new members so the bots will go away.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:08 pm