Triathnet

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Triathnet

Triathlon training discusssion

2 posters

Time Efficient Bike Training

Ryan T
    Ryan T

Time Efficient Bike Training Empty Time Efficient Bike Training

Post by Ryan T Thu May 27, 2010 9:29 am

I am trying to increase my running (when i say increase I mean from 2-3 times per week to 3-4)but it means I will only have two dedicated bike workouts per week. I just want to maintain some base fitness so will be doing up 3-4 hrs on weekend and 60-90 mins midweek.

What would I be best to do in this midweek session? Trainer? Hills?
    While I am at it, what should I be doing for my run sessions (assuming one of them is a long run)

look forward to any pearls of wisdom (except HTFU) Very Happy
    Cheers

PS- I also commute 10-15 km to and from some sessions on bike so can add some shortish stuff here as well although given winter is here, I would prefer not to do much more than use them as high rpm or bigger gear opportunity.
    Paul F
    Paul F
    Coach

Time Efficient Bike Training Empty Re: Time Efficient Bike Training

Post by Paul F Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:49 pm

G’day Ryan

Here are some tips for you

I am trying to increase my running (when i say increase I mean from 2-3 times per week to 3-4)but it means I will only have two dedicated bike workouts per week. I just want to maintain some base fitness so will be doing up 3-4 hrs on weekend and 60-90 mins midweek.
    When I do a run focus I do the 30 runs in 30 days @ 30minutes. You don’t have to run everyday you can combine runs to do double run days. The goal is to follow a high frequency run plan that has you finishing your runs well before fatigue sets in. This results in you becoming a durable and efficient runner. People that I coach have ALL PB’d there 8km run test that I give them at the end of this run block. I have not had one person that hasn’t PB’d yet. At the very least oyu end up running 3hrs PW. Do more if you like, but just make sure you don’t run past the point where fatigue starts, as that is not the purpose of the run focus, that comes later

What would I be best to do in this midweek session? Trainer? Hills
    While I am at it, what should I be doing for my run sessions (assuming one of them is a long run)
    I would actually find a strong group to ride with and let the group dictate the pace and have fun with that. If you can't do that then focus on what your the weakest at and turn it around

look forward to any pearls of wisdom (except HTFU)
    Cheers

PS- I also commute 10-15 km to and from some sessions on bike so can add some shortish stuff here as well although given winter is here, I would prefer not to do much more than use them as high rpm or bigger gear opportunity.

Can you incorporate a run to and from work occasionally

Hope it helps

fluro.

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:37 am