Triathnet

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Triathnet

Triathlon training discusssion

+10
a.sawatske
Gillian A
Mick B
Dave Tyno
Cameron G
Alex R
Mick G
Matt C
Blair V
Todd C
14 posters

Swim squad - how much does it cost you?

Todd C

Swim squad - how much does it cost you? Empty Swim squad - how much does it cost you?

Post by Todd C Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:14 am

Just been notified that our swim squad has gone from $8 to $10 (includes pool entry). I'm not the most motivated swimmer out there and squad is a good option for getting the job done, but $10 is starting to get a bit steep.

Regular pool entry is $3. A swim on the IM course is free.

How much is everyone else paying?

As a side note, I swam a total of 23km last year, so need to pull my finger out right now to get ready for IM. But $10 a session Mad
    Blair V
    Blair V

Swim squad - how much does it cost you? Empty Re: Swim squad - how much does it cost you?

Post by Blair V Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:19 am

At BTS casual sessions are $10 but you can get unlimited squad sessions (all disciplines) for $100 per month
    Matt C
    Matt C

Swim squad - how much does it cost you? Empty Re: Swim squad - how much does it cost you?

Post by Matt C Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:30 am

12 for reddog?

coping shit from him.... priceless
    Mick G
    Mick G

Post by Mick G Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:47 am

$7 a session for me @ Thornlands State School pool. There's a number of IM who train there as well as budding wanna be's.
    Alex R
    Alex R
    **MicroMan World Record Holder**

Post by Alex R Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:03 am

Red Dog is $7 plus pool entry ($4ish)
    Cycos $10 plus pool entry ($4.60 and $5 in winter)

Red Dog has multi buy pricces that make it cheaper and all swims are included with Cycos if you are on a program with AP. The swimming component of the AP program pretty much pays for the whole thing.
    Todd C

Post by Todd C Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:17 am

Perhaps I'm being a tight arse.

But I think I'll dig out the ol' swim sets from when I trained in Canberra and give those a try.

$10 + pool entry - that is cyco!
    Cameron G
    Cameron G

Post by Cameron G Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:51 am

Waves Pool and Gym. Baulkham Hills Sydney. Home of the Hills Tri Club swim squads with Goldie and Nikki.

$60 a month including unlimited entry to gym and pool, and all the sessions (5 in total) you want with the swim squad which is tri specific and full of IM and wannabe's like me. 1 hr in the winter and 1.5 hrs in the other seasons.

I generally can only get to 2 sessions a week and never use the gym so really it costs me about $7.50 per session.
    Dave Tyno
    Dave Tyno

Post by Dave Tyno Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:41 am

I usually just get the 10 sessions for $80 from Red Dog, but you can get the $100/month option there too.
    Pool entry is a little cheaper with the multi-session pass, so probably $12 all up for that.
    Cyco pool sessions cost me $15.30 all up.
    Mick B
    Mick B

Post by Mick B Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:45 am

Geez, we have it pretty good here. Uni of Wollongong has 4 x 90min morning squads, 4 x 60min lunch squads and 4 x 90min evening squads each week. Casual fees are $8 for the 90min's (10 for $70 bulk) and $5 for 60min sessions. Best gym in the region as well. Their Gold Pass is about $500 per year and includes all squads, gym classes and gym. Before compulsory student unionism went by the by, emergency services staff got Student prices. $280 per year was awesome value. I just pay casual now because I don't go enough to get the $500 worth.
    Gillian A
    Gillian A

Post by Gillian A Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:26 am

Hornsby Council charges $85 per calendar month for 2-3 adult squads per week, 90 minutes per session, pool entry included (but you have to put 20c in the slot for a hot shower). I think casual pool entry is $4.50, a bit less on a card, so the extra cost for the coach is about $3. Gym is extra, but seeing as I run after each squad I've never checked out the price.
    a.sawatske
    a.sawatske

Post by a.sawatske Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:35 am

$8.50 for club members here or $10 for non members.
    I use to do a masters squad for $5 with an awesome coach who would taylor sessions to indivduals.
    Mike M

Post by Mike M Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:49 am

$6 + $4.50 pool entry for Johnny Van's squad in Melbourne.
    Dan B
    Dan B
    Super Awesome. 30X30 Run Champ.

Post by Dan B Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:21 pm

$4 a go or $25 for the month. Two sessions a week.
    Helen R
    Helen R
    Coach

Post by Helen R Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:46 pm

Adult squad at Kingscliff Pool is $7 + pool entry ($3.50). Season pass covers the pool entry.
    Tricia A

Post by Tricia A Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:00 am

We pay $6.60 which is pool entry plus 1 - 1.5 hours of coaching. That's a 10 pass - one off is about $7 or $8 I think.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:10 pm