Triathnet

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Triathnet

Triathlon training discusssion

+6
Glenn C
Mick B
Grant S
Alex R
Dan B
Rogerio A
10 posters

Canberra Half Ironman - Odds at Sportstab

Rogerio A
    Rogerio A

Canberra Half Ironman - Odds at Sportstab Empty Canberra Half Ironman - Odds at Sportstab

Post by Rogerio A Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:33 pm

Hey guys,

For those of you who are keen punters, Sportstab is running a fixed odd comp on Canberra Half Ironman.

To save you the trouble I've taken a screenshot so you can see what the odds are for some of the competitors... Should be an interesting race!

Canberra Half Ironman - Odds at Sportstab Canberra_sportstab
    Dan B
    Dan B
    Super Awesome. 30X30 Run Champ.

Canberra Half Ironman - Odds at Sportstab Empty Re: Canberra Half Ironman - Odds at Sportstab

Post by Dan B Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:32 am

Wow some juicy odds on the Fat Brazillian.
    Alex R
    Alex R
    **MicroMan World Record Holder**

Canberra Half Ironman - Odds at Sportstab Empty Re: Canberra Half Ironman - Odds at Sportstab

Post by Alex R Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:35 am

Off to the glue factory.

Best of luck however.
    Rogerio A
    Rogerio A

Post by Rogerio A Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:34 am

I'm actually waiting for someone to comment on STOMPY LEGS... or maybe he'll turn up eventually to make a statement?
    Grant S
    Grant S

Post by Grant S Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:20 am

Stupid question (i think) but did you doctor that whole thing or only put your name in there?? I'm just wondering how you worked out I was racing scratch
    Rogerio A
    Rogerio A

Post by Rogerio A Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:45 am

Mate can you believe it is a coincidence? Are you a jockey as well? This came straight out of the Sportstab site and I only doctored a couple of lines.

I also noticed Cam Brown is on the list?

alien

PS: nice wedding photos by the way, who was the photographer?
    Grant S
    Grant S

Post by Grant S Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:57 am

Laughing I thought it was, half remember hearing about a G Schofield jockey...

Yup very happy with the pics thanks, Ben Adams is his name Cool
    Mick B
    Mick B

Post by Mick B Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:16 pm

Fark you have some time on your hands Rog. You are shopping unders though, I got $200's about myself with Betfair.

I am trialling the all you can eat cooked breakfast and dinner taper coupled with the "I am so lazy I am doing my rides on the stationary gym bike" peak sessions. The $2.80 Pure Blondes at the AFP bar are not helping either. Repeat after me V-A-L-I-D-A-T-I-O-N sucks.

NB - I'll probably still smash your Fat Brazillian arse though.
    Glenn C
    Glenn C

Post by Glenn C Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:59 am

Mick B wrote:NB - I'll probably still smash your Fat Brazillian arse though.

Mick, I don't think that came out how you wanted it too Shocked
    MickyC
    MickyC

Post by MickyC Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:05 am

or perhaps it did Laughing
    Mick B
    Mick B

Post by Mick B Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:20 am

Ha, that will teach me to post half-pissed.
    Glenn C
    Glenn C

Post by Glenn C Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:40 am

Hey gents, I'm working on Sunday, but will stop in at the venue early to see a few friends start. I will be the skinny guy on the Avanti Cadent (Red and Black) road bike and orange and black Zoot bag. Intro yourself if you see me.
    Mick B
    Mick B

Post by Mick B Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:52 am

I will probably float over to the expo at 10.30-ish to kill some time if you are about tomorrow.
    Mick B
    Mick B

Post by Mick B Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:14 am

That dodgy Brazilian is indulging in some mind games before the Fatso Half Ironman World Champs tomorrow. Stood me up at Rego with various excuses leaving me in the blistering Canberra sun. He cannot get to me, sunstroke is 90% mental.

He better pump the swim though, we are racked side by side (handlebars sharing rack but from opposite sides). If his bike is still there he might start with 40psi Laughing
    Glenn C
    Glenn C

Post by Glenn C Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:21 am

Undo his quick release. Evil or Very Mad
    Mick B
    Mick B

Post by Mick B Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:26 am

The Brazilian owned me well and truly. Very good race by Rog on his low volume prep. Great swim and fast bike then still ran well.

I have a new found respect for the guys that do IM on low key preps. That was a painful experience and it was only a half. I wasn't the only one though, Newman (Harris and Fluro know him) did about a 5:40+ and he is a consistent sub 10IM guy (at Port as well) but he has been renovating his new house instead of training. Shows you still have to do the work regardless of how many you have done.
    Cameron G
    Cameron G

Post by Cameron G Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:46 am

Results found

here

Well done Rog.
    Rogerio A
    Rogerio A

Post by Rogerio A Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:25 pm

hey Mick, great to finally meet you on the weekend!

I had a good race, was actually very surprised with how good I was feeling all day, specially on the run as I thought I had used up a bit too much on the bike and didn't have enough miles behind me to push through it. I'm a bit annoyed that the timing chip didn't work for my bike/run splits but I can kind of work it out based on your swim/bike times as we were pretty close to each other all the way.

The overall racing experience at Canberra was pretty underwhelming, I'm not sure if I'd go back there for the half ironman. It is an honest course and all but I just think the city is almost too big for this type of race and having to negotiate with traffic for most of the bike course is not very appealing to me. Not to mention how disgusting that lake is, seriously I would never consider jumping in it if it wasn't for racing (and cooling down after the finish! In saying all that, the volunteers were probably the greatest I've ever seen, very helpful and hard working, cheering everyone on and making sure we were well looked after.

I think some RDs need to take a good look at how they are running these races using the cheapest of everything they can get. The t-shirt is just rubbish and I'm not even going to comment on the towel, might as well not have it. In contrast to that, a few weeks ago we went to race in Forster on a much lower profile event managed by Elite Sports and the polo shirt we received is the second best of all races I've ever done coming only behind Ironman Brazil.

Was nice meeting Schoey on the course as well, he was running pretty well and looked quite comfortable in what was probably a 35+ degree day I'd say.

Off to bed now.
    Rog
    Mick B
    Mick B

Post by Mick B Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:31 pm

Rog,

I reckon you rode 2:44-2:45 for the 93kms and ran a 1:38-1:40 depending on how quick your transitions were. My ride time was 2:42 and I gave you about 45secs start onto the bike and had maybe a minute on you into T2 based on wear you passed me on the shuffle.

How did Ange go in the teams race? She had the hottest time to run.

The French guys seemed to go well. They were still powering along when I saw them.

Mick
    Alex R
    Alex R

Post by Alex R Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:41 pm

For all the back slapping that dudes give nrmoz and his races, they always seem very much on the cheap side. I like many woulld prefer no advertising bag at all. Rack bike race day morning, swim, bike, run and awards to the first 3 in each category then go home. They manage this with the gatorade series around these parts with 2000+ newbies so why IM and half distance needs you to be there the day before is lost on me. They even build the transition that morning and have it gone within an hour of race finish.

So, what was the finish margin between our mighty Titans in the end?
    Mick B
    Mick B

Post by Mick B Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:13 am

Rog was at Goulburn Maccas when I finished.
    Rogerio A
    Rogerio A

Post by Rogerio A Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:33 am

Ha! I did stop there but went for the bakery instead as we had french people in the car and all.

That French dude that did his first ever triathlon yesterday finished in 5h45m and all smiles, not a bad first outing.

I was chasing a Cyco through the entire run but didn't manage to reel him back in - turns out it was SMB (Steve Brown I think?) and he finished about 3 minutes ahead of me.
    Alex R
    Alex R

Post by Alex R Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:46 am

Sounds like you had a good race Rog, Steve is in pretty reasonable form.
    Steve B
    Steve B

Post by Steve B Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:02 am

Good race Rog, I blew a bit in the last 7km's and struggled to hold any sort of pace. Good race overall, aid stations were great, but there were a few places / instances where more volunteers could've been useful, but what do you do...The ride (most people I know measured 95.x km's, and pretty sure the ride split includes at least 1 transition if not 2) was the most honest ride and course I've ever done. For the entire 2nd lap until about 2km from the end of it, I rode without anyone at all in sight.
    Matt C
    Matt C

Post by Matt C Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:24 am

this sort of quality post should be saved on transitions

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:22 pm