Triathnet

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Triathnet

Triathlon training discusssion

+6
Glenn C
Mick B
Grant S
Alex R
Dan B
Rogerio A
10 posters

Canberra Half Ironman - Odds at Sportstab

Glenn C
    Glenn C

Canberra Half Ironman - Odds at Sportstab - Page 2 Empty Re: Canberra Half Ironman - Odds at Sportstab

Post by Glenn C Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:27 am

Alex R wrote:For all the back slapping that dudes give nrmoz and his races, they always seem very much on the cheap side. I like many woulld prefer no advertising bag at all. Rack bike race day morning, swim, bike, run and awards to the first 3 in each category then go home. They manage this with the gatorade series around these parts with 2000+ newbies so why IM and half distance needs you to be there the day before is lost on me. They even build the transition that morning and have it gone within an hour of race finish.

So, what was the finish margin between our mighty Titans in the end?

I would agree. These guys need to go to some cycling/MTB/adventure races to see how they look after their customers. At this organisations races you appear to get as little as they think they can get away with giving their customers. They shouldn't call that thing an expo either. Shocked I said it after I rced there last year, it has no atmosphere at all. I just don't think the organisation knows where to start with it.

Edit: That being said, it and Port Mac are the only honest HIM courses in Oz.
    Rogerio A
    Rogerio A

Canberra Half Ironman - Odds at Sportstab - Page 2 Empty Re: Canberra Half Ironman - Odds at Sportstab

Post by Rogerio A Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:52 am

After reading all the positive feedback on trannies I was starting to feel like a bit of a whinger!!?

At this organisations races you appear to get as little as they think they can get away with giving their customers. They shouldn't call that thing an expo either. I said it after I rced there last year, it has no atmosphere at all. I just don't think the organisation knows where to start with it.

Edit: That being said, it and Port Mac are the only honest HIM courses in Oz.

My thoughts exactly.
    Mick B
    Mick B

Post by Mick B Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:29 am

Steve B wrote:pretty sure the ride split includes at least 1 transition if not 2)

T1 and T2 for sure. Swim time had most of the run back to transition and the mat beeped before you entered the compound. There was no mat entering T2, just on the exit to the run. I took a bike split and it was 8 mins faster than recorded time so definitely T1 and T2 inclusive.

I had 93.77kms on the Garmin but you need to add about 3 x 150-200m for that tunnel with no reception. I reckon 94.5kms would be about right.
    Mick B
    Mick B

Post by Mick B Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:31 am

The bike course is super honest. I thought two blokes were blatantly drafting at one point until I realised they had no race numbers and were on their Sunday cruise.

Nearly some ugly incidents with cars or people not looking before pulling out as you were overtaking in those skinny sections with the orange pole markers. Not the safest course around.
    Mick B
    Mick B

Post by Mick B Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:44 am

Rogerio A
    Rogerio A

Post by Rogerio A Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:51 am

hahahahha photographic evidence!!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:31 am