Triathnet

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Triathnet

Triathlon training discusssion

4 posters

Meeting a coaching legend

Allan P
    Allan P

Meeting a coaching legend Empty Meeting a coaching legend

Post by Allan P Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:46 am

I have had to privelage of meeting coaching legend Bobby McGee over the past couple of days.

What he's done and had a hand in doing is amazing check him out at www.bobbymcgee.com
    Alex R
    Alex R
    **MicroMan World Record Holder**

Meeting a coaching legend Empty Re: Meeting a coaching legend

Post by Alex R Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:54 am

How did you score that Al? Is the Lvl 3 course on?

Additional Q, as Transitions imploded as usual, who are the other coaches going to be at Macca/PJ's seminar? I was considering going but move dates or me make it hard for that and Gundi Mad

Third Q, for Glenn C and Cam M, do you guys as runners have any extra input on B McGee's methods?
    Paul F
    Paul F
    Coach

Post by Paul F Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:59 am

You lucky bastard AP. You got to meet Bobby McGee Laughing

I've studied his stuff quite extensively and in particular the artcle on Gordo's website titled "The quest for a 2:45". it's a great article and allows you to see and indentify what good running looks like.

I've been using his run/walk protocol for since 2007 and it really works. It really does help you to become a more economical and efficient runner, simple because you are offsetting fatigue with regular walk breaks. Swimmers and cyclists have been doing it for years. How many times do you do squad sessions with no breaks, how many times do you do a ride with no free wheeling?.......zero I bet. However, how many times do you run with breaks (walking)......probably zero. Shocked . food for thought.

The biggest improvements I made in terms of improving my Aet pace came from off the back of a 30 runs in 30 days challenge and following Bobby McGee run/walk protocol.

His principles work, but are rarely supported because you need to leave the ego at home.

fluro
    P.S I think Mick B has a good podcast on his principles.
    SamuelEB
    SamuelEB

Post by SamuelEB Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:03 am

I love the Bobby McGee podcast over at Endurance Corner, it is really interesting stuff. He is understated and quite "real world". Good stuff.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:03 am